litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyres In The Northants Area

chorton_1

Anyone got recomendations of tyre suppliers/fitters in the Northants area?

So far I've got:-

BF Goodrich G-Force Profiler - £382.30incl VAT and fitting (£44.99 Fr, £101.99 Rr + VAT and fitting) - Formula 1 Autocentre

Yokohama Advan Neova - £465incl Vat and fitting (£75.50 Fr, £105.35Rr + VAT and fitting) - Orchard Dealership although may be able to get 15% MLOC discount???

Toyo Proxes T1-R - £319.96 incl VAT and fitting (Northampton Tyres, £49.99Fr, £109.99Rr)

Yokohama A048R - £620 incl VAT and fitting (Northampton Tyres, £125Fr, £185Rr)

I can go online too, but thought I'd see what groundwork others have done to save me the effort!

(Cross post from SELOC)

Edited to include A048R's and Toyo Proxes T1-R

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't save any money shopping around for Advans - their price seems fixed everywhere I looked. The feeling i got browsing the Seloc forums was that BFGs were better value for money. Advans look cooler tho

There's been a little confusion about the BFGs cos Goodrich have another tyre which has an almost identical name - make sure you're specific when ordering

Oh, and take a close up piccy of each wheel (clean them first) before you let the monkeys with tyre irons and butter fingers lose on your pride and joy

The interesting thing is that I've phoned a number of places for the G-force Profilers. They've all told me that there is only one allocated outlet for them in Northampton (Formula 1). I phoned them and they would/could not confirm the model (G-Force Profiler or Profiler G), just that they were 'the latest model'. Hardly inspires confidence.......

The interesting thing is that I've phoned a number of places for the G-force Profilers.  They've all told me that there is only one allocated outlet for them in Northampton (Formula 1).  I phoned them and they would/could not confirm the model (G-Force Profiler or Profiler G), just that they were 'the latest model'.  Hardly inspires confidence.......

Heh, no it doesn't. If they don't even know what tyres they're fitting then I'd go somewhere else. There's a few positive posts on Seloc about the newer P0s (c3 or something?), might be worth considering?

There is a place somewhere(I cant for the life of me remember what its called, but its off the A1 somewhere) that did T1-R fitted for about £270-which is where mine were done. I think Jaye Tillson originally found the place. If I remember the name I will post it..soz not very helpful I know

There is a place somewhere(I cant for the life of me remember what its called, but its off the A1 somewhere) that did T1-R fitted for about £270-which is where mine were done. I think Jaye Tillson originally found the place. If I remember the name I will post it..soz not very helpful I know

I'd definitely be interested to know where that is - it's got to be worth the £50 saving!

What do you think of the T1-R ?

Archived