litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Screen Wash Wiper Not Working

nordberg

Hi there,

I have an Elise S1 and the screen wash / wiper function has packed in. I have had a look at a document I have downloaded off the net and it appears to point to the replacment of a relay. I approached my local garage for advice and they just said they don't sell any parts for the Lotus and I would have to go elsewhere (very helpfull). Can anybody advise me on what I need to change to get it working, and where I can get the part from.

PS. The wipers do work on there own, but not the screen wash function. Hope this make sense!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you hear if the washer bottle pump is still working? if it is check for blocked pipes etc! if it isn't you should check if you are getting a voltage on the pump connector when you pull the stalk.

Any garage should be able to check this. (Apart from the numptys you went to! :) )

Can you hear if the washer bottle pump is still working? if it is check for blocked pipes etc! if it isn't you should check if you are getting a voltage on the pump connector when you pull the stalk.

Any garage should be able to check this. (Apart from the numptys you went to! :) )

No noise at all when i pull the stork back.

Hmm, either the pumps knackered or you've lost the feed to the pump!

I don't know how mechanically minded you are but if you can get your hands on a voltmeter and check if you're getting 12v or above at the pump connector. If your not then have a look at the stalk you may have a dodgy contact.

I don't recall there being a relay in the wash circuit, do you mean the one that controls the wiper speed?.

Hmm, either the pumps knackered or you've lost the feed to the pump!

I don't know how mechanically minded you are but if you can get your hands on a voltmeter and check if you're getting  12v or above at the pump connector. If your not then have a look at the stalk you may have a dodgy contact.

I don't recall there being a relay in the wash circuit, do you mean the one that controls the wiper speed?.

When you pull the stork back the pump squirts and the wipers wipe for a set period of time. I suppose i was assuming there was a relay or some sort of circuit to detemin how many wipes after the stork is pulled the wipers should make.

Archived