litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rawl Nuts

AL G

Hi,

I've ordered new smoked front indicator lenses from Eliseparts, so need to remove each front wheel and arch liner to swap em over (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I'm doing this at weekend and need to get hold of replacement rawl nuts (again, I think) - as I can guarantee they will be rusted on - everything else seems to be !!!

Where can I get the ones I need, and what sizes ? Preferably somewhere I can just go and pick them up - don't think I'll have time for the internet to magic some through my front door..

i.e. B and Q ? etc ?

Thanks in advance. P.S. Got to log off now till the morning, pls don't think I am being rude by asking a question, then f***ing off !

:D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what size they are, but I know Focus DIY stores stock them. But to get to the indicator you can just pull the arch down and tuck it behind the wheel (turn the wheels one one way, and then the other way when you do the other side) while you get in with your hands, plenty of space. No need to battle with the rawl plugs then :D

cheers mate, you might have saved me some time !!!

The front end Pic's in your garage look really good by the way

I didn't go for the clear bulbs though - mine is titanium, so will try the smoked look first with the standard bulbs

:sniper:

PS, If your a real GJOB, and I'd never dream of doing this to my car for example!

If you go to Halfrauds you can get rawl plugs designed to fit motorcycle windscreens. These come in all diffrent anodised colours and don't rust like the origonals. Downside is they are a tenner for 4. Also good to replace the ones that hold the rear grills one :sniper:

Archived