litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Front Clam

darren5591

Me and my dad were having a conversation about how good the exige front clam looks like, then it came across to us wether it would be possible to put the clam on a stardard s1.We thought about the "front splitter" but we really liked the cutaways next the the opening for the tow.I though maybe someone knows about this or some problems with it.I thought perhaps the exige is wider than the elise but i dont know, anyone got any ideas about this???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elise parts do the sports body kit for the elise, think the front clam is the exige one. Can't see why the exige one would be that complicated to fit, same chassis after all.

Elise wheels might look a bit small with that clam though as the Exige has bigger wheels.

Woul;d it look strange without tyhe matching rear clam though? B)

malbon, your elise is a 111s right. Did you have to do anything on your to get it to look good?

mine has the complete motorsport body on. tbh if you were to just put a motorsport/exige front on then it would look a bit chav and a bit max power as the back end would look skinny in comparison and also you will have puny little wheels that won't fill the arches. it will bolt straight on tho with no problems if you insist on doing it ;) someone on seloc has it done - think it is raj_viv and someone else who has a gulf colours elise - both look twoddle IMHO

I think you have to go balls out and do it all or not bother at all. For a standard S1, the most i would do is fit 110/120 springs, put some Victories on and leave it at that - maybe the rear diffuser that i have on. its a beautiful car and its best not to spoil the lines. The Motorsport/Exige is a different kettle - its an ugly mean bastard but carries it off B)

This is the look that ive tried to achieve

http://www.teamjediracing.co.uk/gallery.php

Archived