litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Under Power

Gaz_R

Hi All,

After my battery problems have been sorted (see other post from last week) I seem to be under power.

Horizon gave the car an A-Service last week doing all the usual + a cam gasket.

Part of the problem with the battery was that the dials went nuts but I feel like the car is not accelerating like it should. ;)

Before, the car used to rev quickly to 6k revs, particulaly in 1st, 2nd and 3rd (as you'd expect). Now it seems an eternity of foot to the floor before I get to 5k revs and by this time its so noisy (which may be due to the increasing size of the hole in the exhaust :clap: ) and I change up.

I have done a quick time on the way home and was okay to 60mph but I was only just getting to third by that point.

Any comments appreciated.

Anyone else with a Std S1 (un-mod'd) I'd appreciate knowing how long it takes in 1st, 2nd & 3rd to hit 6k revs if you push it like when overtaking.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How big is the hole in the exhaust, if you have no back pressure it will make the engine run poorly.

Will check. Need to get on ramp but don't think it is massive.

I have checked the noise and when I rev it the exhaust makes a 'sucking' sound when the revs have dropped off.

surely if its a janspeed it should have a lifetime guarantee??

if you want to check its performing ok then you can race me up the ring road on the way home from work one night.... :) only upto the speed limit tho, obviously!

Archived