litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hallaton Loop!

DunkHSP

Found myself at a loose end on Saturday night and as the weather was glorious and had just had a full set of green stuffs installed I decided to head off for a blast around the fabelled Hallaton Loop.

Apart from these roads being absolutely perfect for the Elise/Exige I am also constantly amazed by the beauty of the country side on this run (not trying to sound like a hippy or anything).

I always love it when you find a nice stretch of road, no traffic as such and get a chance to remember that outside our increasingly f*cked up cities we still have some form of escape.

Oh and the exhuast sounds ace going trhough some of the villages with those brick wall bits!!

:blink:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the rough route for the Hallaton Loop?

I have a few runs i go on out that way - interested if they overlap.

I go:

Mkt Harb - Cranoe - Hallaton - Oakham - Tilton - Mkt Harb

or Mkt Harb - Medbourne - Uppingham - Oakham - Tilton or Melton and back...

The route I did last saturday was as follows:

Roughly started at Syston and headed out to and through Barkby, Beeby and onto the A47 via Keyham (all great roads, maybe a bit bumpy sometimes and they have had the devils own chippings put down). Head up the A47 towards P'Boro turning off at the top of the crawler lane toward Tur Langton (another great stretch of road). Then turn left in Tur Langton to do 'the loop' joining back up with the A47 to do the first bit in reverse (if that makes sense).

I've always liked the Melton, Oakham, Uppingham run also although it can be a bit busy and the Wiggum's seem to be wise to bikes/cars liking this road.

If you like fast sweeping stuff the old A50 from Leicester to Northampton (not sure what the road number is now) is real fun. You can always take in the Pitsford causeway if it takes your fancy, very photogenic!!

:)

I guessed that would be the route - i know it very well and it is one of my favourites.

I drive Mkt Harb to Thurmaston twice a day along the route - yes its a little bumpy between the A47 and Thurmaston but good fun. Just have to watch out for the odd lunatic, usually on the wrong side of the road.

Archived