litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track Helmets

Steve J

I'm going to do my CBT this year so I'd like a helmet that I can use on the bike and something that also meets MSA type A approval.  Does such a thing exist?

DON'T DO IT FI !!

Buy a car helmet and you'll not only break your neck if you come off, or worse.

Look at the shape of helmets for cars and they are different at the rear neck section, look at the piccy of my Formula Sparco above and the a bike helmet.

The structure maybe good on the Formula Sparco, but I defy any biker to say it's a good bike helmet.

I did my full licence about 15 years back and had ridden bikes up to 550 fours for years (not now though :D ) but have had a few rags about on my mate Johns spare bike. Performance now is very scarry.

I have had a few "incidents" in the past and should be dead to be honest - twice - neither my fault.

Please don't do the bike thing, we love you alive !!

If you do, dress like a leatherclad stormtrooper and buy a specific helmet of the best quality and fit - NO compomise - at all - none - not even a fivers worth.

Oh Fi !!

Even on an old bike (1980's) you will have the fastest thing under you.

Acceleration on a new bike is stunning, please, please be careful ;)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived