litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Even Better Than The Real Thing......

Snapper

I have not long got back from a weeks holiday driving through France, down to Switzerland for the mountain passes and on to Stelvio, then back up through Austria, the Black Forests of Germany and up through the Grand Ballons region of France in the S2 Exige with a load of Caterhams.

Ok very interesting to me, but what might interest you was that I went to the Swiss Lotus & Caterham dealers Fredy Kumschick (http://www.kumschick.com) Who have topped the Lotus 240r product.

They have managed to bolt on a kompressor unit and added extra cooling (to get around the almost useless vent that's used from the roof to cool the 240r upgrade) giving the car 260bhp and a better torque curve.

Apparently they have added cooling filters in the front of the cars and vents on the underside of the floor pain to look after the kompressor unit as well as oil filters and improved the cooling in the rear of the car.

The package also includes a LSD & Sports exhaust.

From what I understand talking to the owner, is that the 240r is not a permanent 240bhp because of cooling issues. After a while the 240 bhp drops down to about 200bhp. Then it all got a bit technical and I got lost in the translation of what he was saying. Apparently this kompressor unit upgrade unit has been extensively tested on the racing circuit and the road without any problems.

Apparently almost every other Exige that is being sold is having this upgrade being done as an option.

I got the impression that the Upgrade for an S2 Exige/111r would cost about £7k all in.

0-100km (0-62?) 4.3sec

260 km/h top speed

253nm / 4000-7000u /min (What ever that means)

900kg overall weight.

And here are some pictures below.

Jamie

post-152-1121264230.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bah.. I've had ski boots in the rear of my car before so it cant be that hard to fit snowboard boots in!

Anyway back on topic, that sounds awesome :D you thinking of doing it Jamie?

Ah yes, but that's in an S1... the 111R/Exige S2 has a much shallower boot in comparison :D

Anyway, 260bhp for £7k.. not bad, but i'd still rather have a Honda :P

This is the Bemani conversion, right?

http://www.bemani.ch/english/home_en.htm

Has anyone from the UK had it done yet? I'm seriously tempted, but don't want to be the RHD guinea pig. I made that mistake with an Audi mtm big turbo conversion that was supposed to be a 'kit' and turned out needing custom parts because of differences between LHD and RHD.

Archived