litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bang

ipanter

Does anyone else get or know how to cure a loud bang that occurs when i go over a fairly large bump at speed?

It sounds like it is coming from the drivers door, and i think it could be either the window inside the door, or the door actually banging on the sill.

Any Ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check your mud flaps are not loose.. had this on my S1, every time i went over a speed bump the top of the flap was loose and kept banging on the wheel arch...

cheers

waz

Hi Ian,

mine started to do that. I think it was the brackets inside the door not fixing the window properly. I just took the side of the door off and tightened every bolt i saw. Seemed to do the job.

And , you never got back to me re. senond 1st lotus day, any interest still ?

thanks ally, i'll give that a go,

and sorry i didn't get back to you, i can be a dosey cnut!

have you got a date in mind? actually, do you fancy a beer sometime and we can chat about it?

Hi MAte,

Am well for a beer. I am off to south Africa on a rugby tour this week so will be about from early august. I was thinking of september time for the track day. Not fussed if its early or late sept. Probably get better weather if its earlry.

Ally

Archived