litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Pimpmobile

Loafing Wafu

After washing the car last week it suddenly dawned on me that while the car was certainly cool it looked a bit bling with the bright alloy wheels, and it certainly wasn't mean or pimping enough.

So before:

post-585-1120654192.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, used lap-tab in Brum...

Would i recommend them though. Not entirely sure. Moomin had a bad experience with them and doesn't speak very highly of them.

When i turned up there they sent me down to a local grease monkey tyre bay to get the wheels and tyres off. The garage they sent me to had no idea where to jack the car and wanted to stick it on axel stands.... not going to happen really was it.

Lap-tab claimed that they'd never had this problem before, and started bleeting on about how they never have this trouble with ferraris.

So i was asked to go to another tyre place which seemed to be run by refugees. They said they knew where to jack the car, but i waited around to make sure they did it ok.

Went off for the day they called about 5 hours later to say it was all done. Came back and the wheels looked great but they had nicely wipped the white tyre/alloy lube all over the car.

All in all the quality seems fine, but i didn't entirely trust the people doing it and the tyre bay people looked well dodgy. But saying that i never trust anyone with my car.

I'll be at the Burton car show if you want to have a better look at their workmanship.

Not really that expensive, and well worth doing if your wheels are starting to look a little past their prime.

16" - £35+vat each

17" - £40+vat each

That price is if you supply them with the alloys off your car and with the tyres removed. Otherwise you'll have to add another £60+vat for the removal and refitting.

I didn't totally trust the people who removed the wheels and tyres and would have rather gone to someone i knew for that, so i didn't have the paranoia of them jacking the car in the wrong place (phoned horizon to make sure they had it in the right place... thanks Mike!!).

But i'm very happy with the results, although Moomin has had a bad experiance with this company by all accounts and does not recommend them.

Off to the Burton car show / regatta now. See some of you there.

Archived