litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Liverpool Victoria (frizell?)

AL G

Just for info really . .

I have just queue'd for ages for an insurance quote from Liverpool Victoria (recommended, and I've had great quotes from them before).

They wouldn't even quote me coz I have a Janspeed exhaust (lucky I removed the CAT, or I would never had even known myself, I just thought it was blowing !! :)

They are still OK for existing customers obviously, but their underwriters have a new policy and won't quote if ANY car is non standard...

May save a phone call here and there, since everyone has been so helpfull to me recently . .

P.S. I phoned Elephant, and told them I had a £650 quote elsewhere for my renewal (white lie), so they dropped their renewal quote from £730 to £630 . . Just like that - rediculous eh . .

:D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool Victoria are too expensive for us (quoted £900) even though I have several other insurance policies with them.

Try Adrain Flux, £475 fully comp for ours (including the mods) :unsure:

ha..good job i was already with them !

£600 for 'el beast which is a bit of a steal. declarions of mods is a little sketchy tho...bodykit.alloys...exhaust etc :(

with no need for an alarm or a poxy tracker that everyother comapny seem to specify now. :unsure:

£600 seems decent for what you've added mate !

Steve - what are Adrian Flux like then - do they still use and accrue no claims bonus every year that you are with them, or is it just like a classic or 2nd car policy :lol:

I'm also a bit worried about my decat, and that I'm not technically insured anyway as the car isnt road legal without it - and theres no way you could declare that fact on your insurance . . . . . .

:D

Most people have decatted so don't worry. If the car is in an accident you'll just have to swap the cat back before the assessor turns up.

I assume AF accrue NCBs as they said they would provide a written NCB proof letter at the end of each year if I wanted to go to another insurer.

Mine's not a classic policy or restricted in mileage either.

Thanks Steve. . I've contacted AF via their interweb, and asked them to call me back.. Hopefully they can beat 600 quid -

Still happy with Elephant however - i paid £500 last year for a MG TF, so £630 for a proper sports car is even better :angry:

Archived