litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Need A Photo Of An Azure Blue Elise Engine

nordberg

hi there,

I have recently bought a Azure blue Elise that has an induction kit on. I have got the car insured as a standard car on a classic policy and I have to produce pictures to prove its condition. You know what I am going to ask next ;-). I know its a bit naughty, but if anybody out there has an Azure Blue Elise with a standard engine bay, could you supply me with a photo of it that I can post for insurance purposes.

I am a bad boy !!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worth pissing about for the extra cost of the induction on your insurance, last thing you need is for you to not be insured for your car for the sake of a few pounds!

Risk isnt worth it IMHO

Agree with Beefcake. In my first year, had to pay £70 extra for the induction, and reluctantly coughed up. If you do get caught out, say a low speed hit, front clam damage-crash box-windscreen(the voice of experience), the cost for no insurance could hurt. a lot.

Possibly next time(I know its not much help), go with someone more mod friendly (like CCI/Eggar or Adrian Flux).

Yeah, stop being a tight arse Andy :P

Send em this instead, then stand back for the insurance quote :D

Only benefit of being old - cheaper insurance.

TVR Chimaera 450 - £500 a year fully comp :)

Thanks for the support you GITS. Nice picture on the threads that are V jokey but none that get me what i asked for ;-). Good to see us petrol heads are open to a bit of a giggle and the usuall succumbment that goes with having to accept the inevitable (parting with money). Taken advice again from you guys and found that being honest with the induction kit only ups my excess to 250 from 200. No parting with the old wads untill i come undone :-). Will send photos of my engine bay. Top $ :)

Thanks buddies

Hope to meet up sooooon

Archived