litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Clutch / Gear Changing Problems

MarkH

Went out last night on my first track event at Donnington - fantastic!

Had a severe problem changing gear after a couple of laps when the engine heated up & had to rev the nuts off the engine to be able to change (Elise S1). The clutch is brand new (about 500 miles ago) and was all fitted perfectly.

I've still got the old red clutch hose in place - is this likely to be the cause of the problems?

I'm thinking of upgrading to the braided Eliseparts hose - anyone fitted one & how are they?

Looking out for my next few track days already..........

Cheers

Mark

:blink:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark, sounds just like the red clutch hose syndrome. Mine used to be a pain to get into reverse when the engine was warm, always crunched. Since changing the hose to the braided one it has solved the problem. The braided hose isn't that hard to fit as long as you have access to tools and are able to jack the car up. Patience is also needed! Do a search on this site for instructions on how to change the hoses, or failing that, the archives on lotus BBS have quite a bit about changing to braided clutch hose.

Rus

Lotus on Track membership gives you access to very reasonable priced track days. There's a link on mloc homepage, and an evening at Donny on August 5th. :blink:

Hi Mark

Good to meet up with you at Donington on Wed evening! First time for me on track with the Elise and I have a whole new respect for the car. Fantastic as you say! :D Especially as we used the full GP circuit. The car felt so at home on the track, it just seemed to do the business with so little fuss.

Back to the clutch hose, I have the braided hose and never have a problem, so I guess you need to change!

BTW did you know there was a photographer there? You can order prints online from them at www.dephoto.co.uk.

Very tempted by the Lotus on Track evening next week! :lol:

Cheers Richard

Richard - great night out - even in the rain!

I'm also going to be sugning up to a couple of LOT events at Donningotin - but can't make the one coming up soon.

Thanks for letting me know about the photos!

All the best,

Mark

:rolleyes:

Archived