litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Urgent Help

joe_braze

just got in my elise s1 , driving down the street and all of a sudden its keeps splutering, kangarooing and has lost loads of power? any ideas on when it is and how much it will be to get fixed! really clueless when it comes to cars so any info will be greatful

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just got in my elise s1 , driving down the street and all of a sudden its keeps splutering, kangarooing and has lost loads of power? any ideas on when it is and how much it will be to get fixed! really clueless when it comes to cars so any info will be greatful

Joe, did the car drive fine just before it pissed down tonight, I'll have 50p with you the ignition leads are soaked under the spark plug cover, or the plug wells are full of poopy rain drops.

Take a breath, undo the spark plug cover and voila ?????

Two minute job even for a non techie.

Bob B)

like bob says...if its only started happening after this horrendous weather then it will be rain on your leads and in your plugs. dont worry B)

I just left mine running for half hour to dry it out - problem solved.

like bob says...if its only started happening after this horrendous weather then it will be rain on your leads and in your plugs.  dont worry  B)

I just left mine running for half hour to dry it out - problem solved.

Joe's gone offline Jon, I bet he's having a nosey.

I also do a nice line in diagnosing Motorsport Elise remote thermostats - true ?

bk, sorry bout that, yeah i was having a noesy!!!! i pulled the leads out of the middle of my dizzy cap, and it seems that its broken and decayed!!!!!! i put it back on, wiggled and turned it till it kinda got a bite, took the car round the block and its perfect. so me thinks a new set of leads r needed. s4s280, where do i collect my 50p from! i might need it to put towards my leads if times get hard B) lol

can anyone tell me how much this will be around? and can get it done anywhere or shall i got to somewhere like horrizons?

bk, sorry bout that, yeah i was having a noesy!!!! i pulled the leads out of the middle of my dizzy cap, and it seems that its broken and decayed!!!!!! i put it back on, wiggled and turned it till it kinda got a bite, took the car round the block and its perfect. so me thinks a new  set of leads r needed. s4s280, where do i collect my 50p from! i might need it to put towards my leads if times get hard B) lol

can anyone tell me how much this will be around? and can get it done anywhere or shall i got to somewhere like horrizons?

Go to Mike at Horizon and get him to fit a set of Magnecors, job done forever, you can also use them as tow ropes !!!

Re the 50p - did you bother to check there ?

No check no 50p :(

Archived