litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Clicking Brake Pedal

jimbobdunkley

If its not one things its another!! got a clicking noise coming from my brake pedal like its fouling somthing in the pedal box!! Cant seem to find the problem?? Any ideas guys?? (cant wait for the day i actually know somthing and can answer someone elses problem!!)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine does this also from the accelarator also, its not anything i dont think, as its when i 1st touch the pedal,

am i right in saying the pedal has play in it, like a cpl of cm then it actually works after that, like most pedals u can push it down the tiniest bit and nothing will happen this is when mine clicks and its nothing to worry about i think,

will check this out then,

when it says look at engine, where abouts is this on a s1 left or right or middle etc,

Get someone to depress the pedal, you'll soon see what moves. With the pedal fully depressed see if it will move any further (the thing that moves), if so adjust the nut/bolt on the end of the cable sheath.

WARNING< MUPPET IN CHARGE OF THIS KEYBOARD, UNAWARE OF ALL TECHINCAL TERMS> :D

have u changedd the pivot nut then? how much better is it, notice a difference

I changed the throttle bush, and yes i feels much better. As standard they come with a plastic bush thats abit weak IMO. Over time the pedal starts to wear this bush and then doesn't rotate square to the pivot, sort of on the piss if you know what I mean. This bronze item takes out any play around the pivot.

Archived