litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got Pulled Last Night!

ipanter

Got pulled again last night for no front no. plate, ' wasn't even traffic that pulled me, just a plod in his panda(focus).

He pulled out of a side road turning towards me just as i passed that side road, so he got a good clear view of the front of the car, i knew he was onto me! There were plenty of cars behind me, and he had to turn round. But i spotted him in my wing mirror two cars behind at some traffic lights i had to stop at, about a mile from where i first saw him.

At the round about up the road i needed to turn right, the two cars behind went straight on. So PC Plod followed me down to the next round about, where we both went straight over in to humped a 20mph zone, the first hump i came to i made a big show of going over it really, really slowly.

Then about 20 metres on he popped his lights on.:)

I pulled over a little down the road and switched the engine off, he asked me the obvious, so i gave him the usual!(just caught it on mates sloped drive) I was very courteous and respectful, even offering to get out the car so he didn't have to crouch at the window. And i asked him loads of questions about what i could and couldn't get away with as a number plate on the car.

He was cool enough and let me off with just a warning that if traffic saw me they would probably pull me just to make up numbers, and told me that it would be a £30 fine. He even suggested getting a square plate and mounting it on the side beneath the head lamp :clap: OMG!! But he agreed that it ruins the car to have a stick-on plate above the bagde!

But he didn't spot that the plate had no dead flies on it what-so-ever but the rest of the nose was covered with an even density of dead flies, even where the plate should have been! :P

Oh, and i was dissapointed that he didn't appear to do any check at all to see if the car was mine, he didn't even ask me my name.(and i had my baseball cap on!)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian

Same happend to me a few weeks ago

Driving back to my girlfriends through the village, coppers driving the other way, they do a U turn and follow me. Few seconds later and they do the blues and twos.

I instantly knew why they pulled me, so I pulled over, turned the car off and got out.

They asked me if I knew why I was pulled, and I said no as I've always been told to never admit there's anything wrong with the car even if you know their is.

Anyway he asks about the Nº plate and I tell him it must have fell off on the speed bumps where I live. He asks if the cars been lowered as I must have trouble with it catching a lot and asks if there was any way I could mount it higher. I said I was thinking of getting a stick on one but he tells me they aren't legal as they are not visable enough! (obviously for speed cameras!)

They ask me to sit in the car and they do a check on my reg to see if i'm the owner etc etc, and look at my driving license. He goes on about mine having the VVC engine etc etc and was generally a nice guy and just asked me to get it sorted asap!

Do wonder though whether they would have pulled me if I wasnt wearing my baseball cap, or if they're clamping down on this sort of thing?

Archived