litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fans Lap Up The Action In Melbourne

Mark H

Talking about the weather in each of these blogs is getting far too British, so I’ll refrain from talking about Melbourne’s renowned ‘four seasons in one day’ - apart from to tell you that once again it has been cloudy today - and instead I’ll focus on the atmosphere steadily building here at Albert Park, as we draw closer to tomorrow’s starting grid.

The paddock was buzzing, and swarming with camera crews seeking a quick interview with the drivers as they walked around in between the final practice session (P3) and qualifying. Rumours were circulating that the paddock’s guests included a Pussycat Doll (rumour confirmed), former Westlife singer Bryan McFadden and Hollywood A-Lister / Safety Video ‘voice’ of Qantas, John Travolta.

On ‘the other side’, fans were crowding around the barriers, waiting for that glimpse of a famous driver’s face or the autograph which would fill their book. On my return from a TV interview session with Bruno on the golf buggy, F1 fanatics could be shouting out his name relentlessly! Australian flags, Union Jacks, German flags were held aloft. With fans everywhere, things were definitely heating-up around Albert Park, as the question on everyone’s mind was how the grid would look, come 6pm.

Fortunately for us, Vitaly’s strong performance to 6th position on the grid allayed any earlier disappointment at Nick’s elimination at the end of Q1, as he ended the session 18th fastest.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived