billy 5641

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads of questions...

What do they look like?

How do they work?

How easy are they to fit?

Is there anybody who comes to the Nottingham Pub meets done it and can I have a look?

umm.. thats it...

1. great

2.by hand

3.easy peasy

1.they are polished stainless on the shaft and the pivot is polished alloy ( but you can not see that when its fitted) will try and attach a pic when i can

bushes are nylatron

2. the length of the cross gate pivot arm is longer and the pivot ball is further up the shaft meaning you get the same movement of the control cables for less movement of the stick

the bushes are hard , apposed to the original rubber ones ,so there is a more posative reaction to the cable movement

3.they take15min to fit the lever and 30mins (once the undertray is off) to fit the bushes

cant help on the pup thing but i live in notts if you want to arrange a meet you can see mine by all means

hope this makes sense . dont realy do writing as a rule

billy

Loads of questions...

What do they look like?

How do they work?

How easy are they to fit?

Is there anybody who comes to the Nottingham Pub meets done it and can I have a look?

umm.. thats it...

Bob, bushes are easy to fit and take some slack out of the gearlever.

Ask Graeme about the shortshift as he got one fitted by Mike.

Shame you missed the virtually free bushes Martin R had made :)

Hmm... if it involves removing the undertray I may get mike from Horizon to do it then, as my recent attempts to jack the car up andget it on ramps were scary to say the least, and that was just to get the rear diffuser off...

I could then get him to help me with couple of other minor niggles at the same time.

Yes, got the shifter & bushes from Mark and Horizon fitted. Very happy with the more positive feel. Couple of things to bear in mind:

1. To get a more precise gearchange, YOU must be more precise where you're trying to put the lever.

2. You have to recalibrate your hand/ leg movements as the shorter arm movements need to be recalibrated with take-up & release of clutch. Sorted in an hour or so and you never think about it again.

Finished result much more in keeping with the little-racer-for-the-road feel of the car. DO IT !

Archived