litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A Day In Geneva With Vitaly

Mark H

Last week Vitaly, Nick and Bruno were special guests at the Geneva motor show where they appeared on the Lotus stand. Here’s the story of the day, as told by Vitaly…

Tuesday 1 March

6:15: An early start because we have to be in Geneva by midday. No time for breakfast because my lift to Heathrow arrives at 6:45.

7:45: It only takes us an hour to get to the airport, plenty of time before our 8:55 flight. I have some light breakfast before I meet up with a couple of guys from the team who are coming with me to Geneva.

9:00: The flight is on time and we’re on our way. The Swiss airline serves more breakfast and some delicious Swiss chocolate! It’s only a short flight, but I still manage to get some sleep.

11:45: Arrival in Geneva and we immediately head for the event. The motor show is only ten minutes walk from the airport so we soon arrive at the massive indoor hall where the show has begun.

12:10: The Lotus stand is very impressive: lots of gorgeous cars on display, including my F1 car. Bruno is already here because he had a really early flight from Nice. Nick is coming by train because he lives in Switzerland and is due any moment.

12:30: I have some free time so I take a walk around the show and look at some of the other stands. There’s lots going on and I even spot Sebastian Vettel and Christian Horner, but it’s too busy to go and say ‘hello’.

14:00: It’s time for our appearance on the Lotus stand. Nick, Bruno and I are all presented and asked questions about the new season. Then, after that, it’s time for some filming for Lotus TV and some more interviews with the media.

15:30: After all the media work, it’s time to leave the show. We have to catch a flight back to the UK so we say goodbye and head to the airport.

19:30: After a busy day, I’m finally home and it’s time for dinner so I head out to a local Japanese restaurant for some sushi – delicious!

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived