litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Powder Coating Alloys

guytom

Currently going through a spending spree at the moment and i'm thinking of inversting some cash in getting the old alloys back to their prime. 

This company seems to be respectable but has anyone had any first hand experiences with them.

http://www.lab-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php

Next dilema is whether to get them redone as standard, matt black or anthracite.

Me car's black with photos in the my vehicles section.  Anyone board and fancys photoshoping what it could look like in the other colours is most welcome to.

Ta very much.

Keith  :)

Noooooooo dont use them, they made a mess of my Exige S2 wheels :D

Yes the web site looks good and i fell for it as well but when you get there (all the way from fecking Lincoln) its a shity unit with a fat nob that talks shite.

It cost me £270 and it looked like my mum had done them , they damaged two of them badly putting the tyres back on.

In the end i gave up trying to get a the finnish i wanted and got a new set Exige cup wheels from Lotus sport that only come with tyres fitted at £1670.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want my standard s2 rear undertray done matt balck to go with the wheels. Failing that I'll buy an 111S difuser and stick that on.

Are the concerns the same - or does being so near the exhaust stuff it up?

if its powder coated and a clear coat applyed to seal it i dont think it would be a problem.

i'm going to get my rear tray coated, and the company said it wouldn't be a problem with the heat.

Noooooooo dont use them, they made a mess of my Exige S2 wheels :unsure:

Yes the web site looks good and i fell for it as well but when you get there (all the way from fecking Lincoln) its a shity unit with a fat nob that talks shite.

It cost me £270 and it looked like my mum had done them , they damaged two of them badly putting the tyres back on.

In the end i gave up trying to get a the finnish i wanted and got a new set Exige cup wheels from Lotus sport that only come with tyres fitted at £1670.

Oh fuck.... they have the car at this very moment. :(

Standby for a rant this evening then.

there is a good company in leicester on troon ind estate called spl blacking... they are no good for wheels, as they only do annodizing or steel blacking, but if you need any ferrous bits blacked or alu bits annodized, they are excelent, and do good deals for cash...

I got a set of gun barrels blacked by them for £10 cash (most gunsmiths would charge upward of £100 for the job! )

They are in yellow pages if anyone wants to get in touch with them

b :unsure:

Archived