litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fixed Penalty Notice

MarkW

I need advice.

I was stopped by Thames Valley Police for doing 95mph at the M40 sometime last week in my Elise. I was given the usual lecture and was handed a fixed penalty notice - 3 points and £60 fine.

Had to go to Redditch police station to hand over my licence and insurance papers. When going through the details, I noticed that the policeman who stopped me failed to sign his name, rank and details - an oversight at his part.

I challenged the validity of the fixed penalty notice as the officer who stopped me failed to sign it but the local police said it it still valid.

Is it??

Let me know.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the police will basically lie to you on this issue trying to get you to pay up and take the fine other wise they know you will tell your mates/family/us and then we can all tell them to F*%K OFF.

I recommend you go ask the question on the 5ive-o forums at www.5ive-o.com. They are run by traffic coppers for the advice of motorists and they're a pretty top bunch. Don't expect any sympathy for your crime, but they will tell you whether the ticket is valid or not. :)

Archived