litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fund Raising Ideas For Mloc...

Rich111s

Guys and Gals

Bit of a long one this, but please try to stick with it...

Some of you will have see the thread started by Barney about MLOC having a stand at the Burton Motorshow, which is part of the Coors Burton Regatta (9/10 July) and costs only £2 per car.

I will be able to 'borrow' a stand from work and (using the info in Beefcake's thread about Lotus 'recognising' MLOC) I've contacted Lotus about getting some free posters, etc. to dress the stand. A ticker has been started in the events section and it should be a great weekend, but I think it could be even better...

...I've been thinking (which is rather unusual in itself :D ) that we could use the opportunity of having a stand to raise some funds for MLOC, or we could donate to a charity if we feel this is more appropriate - it's up to us I guess...

Below are some ideas I've had about things we could do - I would value your feedback on these and on any other ideas you might have or what we could do with the cash, if we sell anything!....

1. Sell framed photos of MLOC member's cars (from the gallery - only with owner's consent & number plates being obscured). A brochure could be available for 'punters' to pick from the recent - historical Lotus' and we could post to them

2. As people will be able to take photo's of our cars, we could offer something different by taking a photo of the customer (or their child) in one of our cars and then after the show, printing it onto a t-shirt, mug, key ring or mouse mat and posting it to them.

(Both options 1 & 2 wouldn't require us to hold any stock as we would buy the frames/mugs/t-shirts, etc. after the event & quote a sales price based on the lowest order quantities. I wouldn't mind getting some done of my car anyway so we could use these as examples to show possible customers)

3. We could sell Lotus pens/keyrings (donated to us?!) by Lotus

4. Tricky one this: Sell a 'ride in a Lotus' - no, not a chance to get laid in one of our cars (unless the customer is particularly attractive, rich or both ;) ) but a 10-15 minute ride in one of our cars for c.£5? Probably a mine field of insurance issues, but thought I'd list it...

5. Guess how many greased, topless ladies you can squeeze into a Lotus and win a prize... this one's a joke :D

I think it would be best to offer just a couple of types of merchandise to keep it simple...

So, whaddaya reckon?

I would be happy to pull this together (unless you all think the idea's a load of bollox... :wacko: )

Pls get your thoughts rolling in! :D

Rich

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Sounds ok. :D

2. No way! :D

3. yep. ;)

4. Think you'd need Public Liability Insurance. :wacko:

5. Brilliant idea! :D

The best/easiest way to raise money for MLOC, is by becoming a contributing member. ;)

E. ;)

Sounds like a good idea mate.. not sure about the driving tho as insurance wont cover up... count me in :wacko:

How about during the whole period of the show 1 or 2 people actually 'live' in a lotus not allowed to leave the car (well only for toilet), .... that will raise good money just some thoughts... feel free to throw tomatoes at me lol

you do need public liability for taking people for a ride, but its cheap... I pay about £50 a year for £25,000,000 cover.

The big problem is you need additional insurance for "hiring" your car. Although your not hiring it, i believe it comes under the same heading as like being a taxi or somehting, and thats where the extra cost comes in!

b :)

PS... howabout having a wheel changing competition?.. could time people to change all 4 wheels on a car (maybe a bit dodgy; I wouldnt want it done on mine!)

or howabout getting a big plasma screen and a PS2/GT4 from somewhere and charging people to drive around one of the circuits in a lotus elise... would be pretty easy to setup, esp. if someone has a spare front clam?!.. Could have a prize for 1st/2nd/3rd fastest of the day... Failing the front clam, you could get away with just using a seat or something with the steering wheel and pedals mounted on some kind of makeshift frame work

you do need public liability for taking people for a ride, but its cheap...  I pay about £50 a year for £25,000,000 cover.

The big problem is you need additional insurance for "hiring" your car. Although your not hiring it, i believe it comes under the same heading as like being a taxi or somehting, and thats where the extra cost comes in!

b :clap:

And then you have to remember 'where there's blame, there's a claim' :clap:

I can hear the advert now - Hello, I'm Dwayne Dobson and I got £3,000, following an injury that I received climbing out of an Elise! :)

Archived