litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Removeable Steering Wheel

Snapper

I have the Lotus / Momo removeable steering wheel that has a Key and a lock that slide out of the barrel.

Problem is that I have lost the lock part some how. Its the little Brass bit....

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement from?

I asked at my dealers and they say that they can't get a replacement lock and key from Lotus, because they don't do it as a spare part.

I understand its part of whats called a snap off kit.

Has anyone got any contact numbers, web addresses that might be of help in my search for this lock and key?

Cheers

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the Lotus / Momo removeable steering wheel that has a Key and a lock that slide out of the barrel.

Problem is that I have lost the lock part some how. Its the little Brass bit....

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement from?

I asked at my dealers and they say that they can't get a replacement lock and key from Lotus, because they don't do it as a spare part.

I understand its part of whats called a snap off kit.

Has anyone got any contact numbers, web addresses that might be of help in my search for this lock and key?

Cheers

Try Peter Smiths Sports Cars - they sorted mine out with a new one.

I have had some information sent to me from From SELOC that this lock is also used on caravans as a lock on the towing hitch. And it might be found at Halfords.

Been down there but no luck...

Anyone able to shed some light?

Cheers

Mr Reg (Master Locksmith) says can you post a pic? :D

I have had some information sent to me from From SELOC that this lock is also used on  caravans as a lock on the towing hitch. And it might be found at Halfords.

Been down there but no luck...

Anyone able to shed some light?

Yep i got mine from Halfords towing section. Then you need to file it to fit.

BTW i have a spare one with a single key if you have no luck.

Halfords in the Birmingham area haven't got any and have that glazed look when to try to explain what you are after.

BUT the good news is that I have now found a supplier who had about 40 in stock. Pucked up four locks and have managed to grind some of the lug off so that they will fit.

So if any one requires a new lock and 2x keys I can supply them to you with the modification already done. Just drop me a U2U mail.

Archived