litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rant !

Nick gee

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only took a year to do the paperwork for NZ!

Full medical a bit unerving....

"You're overweight, stressed, your blood pressure is too high, you are partly deaf and now I need tocheck your prostate" :angry::P

Only took a year to do the paperwork for NZ!

Full medical a bit unerving....

"You're overweight, stressed, your blood pressure is too high, you are partly deaf and now I need tocheck your prostate"  :blink: :blink:

Mr G - Wondered if you'd crop up on this thread. Are you going to come out on Sunday's run, as a last taz out before you leave?

Sonya

"One last run" - Bloody hell - I'm not dead yet. :blink:

Monaco GP this weekend Sonya! Can't miss that, I should be there not here!!!

Went last year but every year before - have had a tradition of a couple of pints, then back to the pad for the GP - with about ten mates!

Got £25 on DC for a podium. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

The medical was OK (I passed for gods sake! :blink: ) the main problem was it had to be with a canadian doctor who was approved by the embassy.. because most of them are private (and they dont get paid as such for doing it.. ..service to the country, etc) they are really reluctant, so I had to wait about 6months for an appointment

Its one of those really annoying processes, where you just have to wait and bite your tounge a bit...

Im glad I have it now; it doesnt run out, so maybe in a few years time (if my circumstances havent changed) I will make the move.. ..want to go to montreal ideally

b :blink:

NZ is supposed to be ace. It was their roads that nearly finished off Daniel Beddingfield wasn't it? All good reports from those who have been, except for one.

A friend of mine is a drugs and alcohol worker, y'know working with 'problem' individuals (no, this is not how I met him!!). When the customs people in NZ asked him what he did for a job he reckoned it was about 10 minutes before he found himself being 'bum searched' as he put it. His wife thought it was halarious. He didn't. He now takes offence when people ask him about his experience down under. :D

NZ is supposed to be ace. It was their roads that nearly finished off Daniel Beddingfield wasn't it? All good reports from those who have been, except for one.

A friend of mine is a drugs and alcohol worker, y'know working with 'problem' individuals (no, this is not how I met him!!). When the customs people in NZ asked him what he did for a job he reckoned it was about 10 minutes before he found himself being 'bum searched' as he put it. His wife thought it was halarious. He didn't. He now takes offence when people ask him about his experience down under.  :D

;););)

Back to Ranting ....

I travel down to London quite a lot and sometimes park up and catch the tube. Why why why do people elbow, push, shove, kick and muscle you out of the way when pushing to get off the tube, then push in front of everyone on the escalator and then STAND on the right???? If they are in such a rush I'm sure they'd walk up escalator like I do. I just let them barge through and then then I just stroll past them as I walk up.

Londoners, I hate them.

Archived