litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mountain Bike Help Or Advice.....

snowman

So u getting into MTB'ing? I've got a scott endorphin (spelling) from when I used to be a fit person a few years ago, just starting doing laps of Chasewater. GF's just bought a GT Avalanche 3.0 (alu frame, susp front forks, v brakes, deore equip etc) brand new they are 230, rides nice, and the frame is the same as on an 800 quid avalanche. Let me know if you want some company. I bought an OS for the area and theres stacks of routes (even though it's a 2004 edition some of the roads are still not on!!!).

One tip- make sure the bike fits you properly, you could buy the best bike in the world, but if it doesn't fit you'd be better off with a 79 quid Halfords one.

Oh and for value for money, the Decathlon bikes are very hard to beat if you are going to buy new.

HTH

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I wouldnt touch a second hand bike, especially off ebay, way to dangerous IMHO, the last thing you want is the top tube separating from the rest of the frame, and you just can't be sure if its been stacked or not.

Have a read of MBR and MBUK - ok maybe not so much MBUK these days, but definatly MBR, they have good review sections.

Have really fallen out of the loop recently, but i ride an Orange Sub5 pro full bouncer with XT groupset and Hope hydrolic [sp] disk brakes - it even has EBC green stuff brake pads like my elise!! Also have a specialized A1 stumpjumper - and a bmx for hooning round the garden - quite a sight as im 6'6!!

spike :rolleyes:

Archived