litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Front Service Compartment

Steve P

I'm presuming there is a cable that runs from the lever in the car to the catch, so it appears mine has snapped. Anyone know how on earth I'm meant to get it open now?

Then, once I've got passed that problem, how do I adjust it, because I've had a S2 wiper blade fitted and I've just noticed it's been catching against the body and chipping away at the paint. Apparently you can adjust the 'bonnet' so this doesn't happen? If not, do I need at adjust the blade? (and how? :blink: )

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm presuming there is a cable that runs from the lever in the car to the catch, so it appears mine has snapped.  Anyone know how on earth I'm meant to get it open now?

Then, once I've got passed that problem, how do I adjust it, because I've had a S2 wiper blade fitted and I've just noticed it's been catching against the body and chipping away at the paint.  Apparently you can adjust the 'bonnet' so this doesn't happen?  If not, do I need at adjust the blade? (and how?  :drive:  )

hey steve. iv also got an s2 wiper on my s1. it was fitted b4 i got the car but i have noticed that who ever fitted it has filed two small groovs away from my bonnet where the wiper would catch on both sides! and i 2 cnt open my bonnet up????? if u find out how to do it pls let me know! cheers bud

dont know about the front bonnet but for the rear one i wedge a screwdriver in the gap between the boot and clam wrapped in a bit of material and wedge it in and wiggle it - seems to open the boot and then you can source the cable for a fix.

my front cable was snapped when I was having a service last year, only cost £8 to replace, no labour charge added as already in for service, bargain! Just had my boot cable replaced as it was VERY stiff, now its amazing, £64 though... but worth it, good luck with your fix

I spent about an hour constantly moving the wiper blade about until it didnt catch anymore... not the solution you want to hear, but maybe you will have more luck than me, just seemed fiddly.

Andrew

No wiper problem, but yesterday decided to do something about the fact that my front cover did not open more than about 30cm. Been meening to do something for a while so after the wash and before the polish took out the 3 bolts that hold the cover to the hinge ...... to find the hinge, help onto the front clam with 2 pop rivets, fell onto the rad.

Cleaned the hinge, carefully drilled out the heads of the rivets and re-fixed with new pop rivets. All went well and the cover now opens fully and is now better aligned.

Could be worth us all checking this from time to time as where the hinge had dropped it had rubbed on the top of the rad and would eventually cause a leak.

Keep motoring, an Elise is for driving, not just for sunbathing

Peter

Archived