litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track Days

Bramble111s

Thinking of booking up my second track day, about 1 a year is all I can afford with insurance.

Went with Seloc to Snetterton before, think they were using Bookatrack, had a quick search on the web and there are loads of different trackday companies offering Snetterton, all at vastly differing prices. Veyr friendly and looked after a track newbie well, Also all bar one person were sensible out there, and I didn't feel in danger.

Does anyone know if any of these compaines should be avoided? Was happy with Seloc, but don't think they are offering it anymore, presume Lotus On track took over?

I presume if there are Evo's and radicals on the same day, these will mean one is always pulling over to let them by on the straights?

any advise appreciated muchly

thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my last 3 track days with book a track, didn't bother with insurance for them either. All 3 were open pit lane with loads of cars a dam sight faster than me there as well. I found that as long as your watching your mirrors, and everyone is sticking to the overtaking rules, there aren't many things that can go drastically wrong and do some damage to your car. Book a track have been A1 on all the days i've been on with them so far. :)

Russ

Lotus-On-Track is the one you want! Splinter group from Seloc afaik, so its kosher..

TBH, Im fairly new to it, and only been to Seloc/LoT days. Great atitude with 99% of people. Theres always one dick about. LoT prices are very keen and membership can give a donation to Mloc. :)

Ive only done Bedford and it really is a great track especilly for the beginner. Its mainly Elises, but with a lot of track nutters getting Honda/Audi/Duratec conversions, you will be passed a lot. I was. But its pretty pleasant really. I love the shape of Elises from the rear, and I got to see plenty.

I had the same problem about costs of t/days. Best bet is to renew with Eggar Lawson(CCI) next time round who give you 4 free trackdays insurance. And they were the keenest quote for me. The way I saw it, that was worth £400 at least even if they werent my best quote. Beware getting cover linked to road insurance as far as NCB is concerned.

For singl day insurance if you need the peace of mind, try CCI or CIG Services(speak to Mark Norton). You will get a quote ~£100 if you shop.

hth

Thinking of booking up my second track day, about 1 a year is all I can afford with insurance.

Went with Seloc to Snetterton before, think they were using Bookatrack, had a quick search on the web and there are loads of different trackday companies offering Snetterton, all at vastly differing prices. Veyr friendly and looked after a track newbie well, Also all bar one person were sensible out there, and I didn't feel in danger.

Does anyone know if any of these compaines should be avoided? Was happy with Seloc, but don't think they are offering it anymore, presume Lotus On track took over?

I presume if there are Evo's and radicals on the same day, these will mean one is always pulling over to let them by on the straights?

any advise appreciated muchly

thanks

Just to clarify some points. The Snetterton day we did in the SELOC guise was with EasyTrack.

LOT is run by myself, Paul Golding and David Rawlence. SELOC trackdays were run by Myself, Paul and David, you get the idea.

The reason we split from SELOC was down to it being easier to take dates and organise events when it is decided between just 3 of us instead of having to involve 7 or 8 directors.

Our main priority is safety and also to ensure people have a good day and enjoy themselves. Even on days where we are not the main organiser, like at Oulton Park today where we had 18 cars taking part in a normal EasyTrack day which included Porsches, Radicals, Palmer JP1, a few race cars including fiestas and Mini's, we will fight to ensure our guys have a day as close to a LOT one as possible.

I was at Oulton Saturday with LOT in my old BMW. Massive variation of cars. Got overtaken by loads, but it's not a problem as long as you check your mirrors.

Done loads of days with SELOC and now LOT (some exclusive days and some shared) and never had a bad experience.

Bedford is always a great day as it's mostly Elises and loads of run off if you get it wrong.

LOT days are miles cheaper than anyone else.

Done both BaT and LoT, happy with either, though LoT are cheaper and will be mostly Elises whereas BaT days will often have a greater variety of cars.. depends what you want really and also when you want to go....

I'm doing Bedford at the end of the month... think its full though. That's with LoT.

The May day is full and has been for a while now. Next one with places is Bank Holiday Monday in August.

We do have a day at Elvington airfield near York on the 9th July for £75.

We are also planning some more Beginner evenings at Donington though. Dates will be announced later.

Archived