litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Back To The Windows Again

lesstatt

Ok, ive established how to go about the task or re-glueing and straightening and am going to have a go myself first, however the links to tell you how to do this suggest pulling the inner top door seal off to get the glass out as its only held in by its shape, now im pulling and tugging but it wont budge, shall i just be brutal or is there a trick involved

im using this link here as my bible

http://www.elise-faq.info/content/windows/rebond.php

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok window and glass are out, the carrier bar is bent and i've had a go at straightening it, it seems ok and lines up correctly but is it best to buy a new one ??

Also only 1 clip has come off resulting in the back dropping and thus bending the carrier bar, i intend to re-use and rebond the "U" clip and cover the other 2 in araldite so they are stuck very well to the window,

i have problem with my drivers side windows, falls forwards and down into the door, i have tried to let window down while holding it at top but sounds like its going to crunch the window so can anyone shed any light to wat might be affecting my mechanism from allowing thw window to go inside the door?? :(

Yup ... my old elise had that with the drivers door ... new runner, felt and rebond did the trick.

The pax window on my latest car has the same problem ... can't be arsed to do anything with it yet, but have a feeling come summer that will change :D

Exactly same problem on my S1, passenger window winds down a few inches then seizes. I removed the door panel to have a look, and I can see see the lifting mechanism flexing under the strain as I try to wind it down further.

Due to lack of time/ability I'm probably going to get it sorted at a dealers (Gordon Lamb, Sheffield). Any idea what labour time they would charge me for a job like that?

It's covered under a warranty but that restricts me to a chain of garages called National Auto Centres or something. Would you trust a non-Lotus dealer to do that kind of work?

Archived