litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Alarm Add On! (pager) Anyone Done It?

Scottuk04

Just wondering if anyone has added on a pager alarm system I see that toad do quite afew..

I was going to buy one for a different car a few years ago but didnt get round to it.. althought the alarm is a thatcham 1 I dont trust it that much and think a pager add on would be good..

has anyone put a toad on or any other type.. or can even recommend one?

thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a nice very powerful and long range alpine pager which I used to fit onto my clifford alarms on my previous cars, and I really wanted to fit it to the elise- the control unit is behind the radio on the s2 and the siren is mounted underneath the headlight. The signal on conventional modular alarms such as the cliffords I have installed have a 0, 12v, and a "go" wire, and the pager just loops onto those wires to tell the pager when to page. I'm not sure whether it's just the cobra or whether all thatcham alarms are the same but the control box sends a coded signal to the siren to say chirp, or sound continuously and that coded signal cannot easily be connected to a pager. It is my undersranding that it is possible to program an output from the alarm to work a pager etc, and I did look at doing it, but I can't remember why but something stopped me doing that as well. I might call my mate who helped me in the 1st place and find out what stopped us fitting it in the end. The pager's just sitting in a drawer at the mo so seems a shame not to use it.

HTH

PS my alpine pager came from the states a good few years back- don't think they are actually legal in the uk due to it's immense range- with a decent aerial it will do a mile no probs- not sure how you'd get back to the car if it was a mile away though lol!

Good idea. Im in need of a replacement alarm and am searching at the moment. Let me know your findings.

I was looking at something with a few function options on. Im having remote locking fitted as one of the functions and hopefully remote engine start or the pager as the second one. I know Clifford alarms can do this but fancy something a bit cheaper !

Archived