litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Crp

Gareth

I've just bought one....arrived today and I was straight out to fit it...

Jacked the car up

Undertray off

Now I realise the bolts don't look like they are coming off very easily and two in particular look a complete nightmare especially with my B&Q Plastic tool kit.

Sooooo,

Worth fitting the CRP?

Good mod?

I already have a sports exhuast which is quite loud but I was hoping the CRP would give it an even deeper note.

I'm going to have to get someone to fit it.

Cheers

Gareth

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth while. Gives a more sporty note.

Easy fit apart from removing the old (and probably rusted) bolts.

- Soak the bolts in WD40 overnight, they'll be easier to get off afterwards

- Get yourself the fitting kit (two metal gaskets and some ss bolts), if you don't have them already (Eliseparts)

- Once the Cat is off replace with crp and new bolts. Smear bolts with copperslip to make them easier to remove at MOT time.

:blush:

Agree with Steve,

Every MOT time I just can't wait to get my CRP back on - sounds like my Fiesta without it!

Like anything, not a difficult job if you've got the right tools. Invest in a decent socket set - with socket extention.

As Steve says - refit using stainless aerotech bolts and you'll never have any probs come MOT time.

Cheers

Dunc

gonna do this job soon myself.

daft question but anyone recomend a decent socket set that can so most elise jobs?

1/2"? or 3/8"

seen a nice teng one, are halfords own any good? they seem pretty sturdy to the touch?

Halfords ones are pretty good. You could try Machine Mart as they have some good stuff too at reasonable prices.

Me, I bought a cheap socket-set years ago and it's still going strong. :blush:

Spoonz,

In my experience the Halfords socket sets are actually very good. Only the "professional" range though. They come with a good guarantee (lifetime?).

I also rate their ratchet spanners for what it is worth. Good for many DIY jobs!

Duncs

Archived