litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Audio Install

SpoonZ

ok,

my car had the radio kit factory fitted.

their are two crappy speakers behind the seats that i need to upgrade.

Does anyone know the size of these so i can order some new ones?

Also did the radio fitting kit include the mounts for these and wiring etc?

just worried that when i remove them il find someone elses cobbled together workmmanship!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try archives on seloc/bc bbs or call an audio shop to see if they have done an elise before and what size fits.

you are really limited to choices due to the depth of the pod. most times you need to fit spacers which you can get from halfords etc.

TBH changing the speakers does not make that much difference - well it didnt to mine - and then i changed the head unit and it was loads better. bass is going to be your biggest problem - also down to the depth and size of the pod. a lot of people fit a pioneer bass tube (let the chav in you out !) which supposedly makes a big difference. again -archives - as they are defo worth a look

Jon.

Get the bass tube fitted, far and away the most gain... i changed the rear speakers, head unit and then fitted some tweeters in the front. It makes a huge difference and cost me about £350 all in (plus knuckle bleeding and time to fit) but it makes a huge difference and you can actually hear it at "high" speed with the roof off.

Stereo wise, buy this, it suits the Elise and sounds great:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...6d4b3421fb8473d

b_dehp77mp.jpg

As for speakers, the rears are actually 16cm, but very shallow depth, i believe the JBL P62's drop straight in without mods, but you can easily make a small spacer and fit a larger speaker in - i have 17cm Pioneer ones in and they work very well.

Something like these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=2844

Could possibly drop straight in, maybe need a small spacer, then you could fit the tweeter in the front... much better surround.

lhs.jpg

It all depends what you want to do, how much you want to spend etc..

GrahamW has a rather impressive system if you want to get very silly!

Archived