litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S2 Roof Rattle Fix

halfpenny

The car was with Nick Whales today for a service and fitting of a stage 1 exhaust (thanks Moomin !!! :tdown: )

There is now a Lotus "fix" for the rattle on S2 Exiges. I'm not sure quite what it comprises of exactly, but Ian explained it to me as a set of small grommets that stop the roof from making contact with the body, allowing for both a tighter fit (stopping the rattle) and the annoying squeak of roof on body !!

I drove home the 50 or so miles tonight, with not even a hint of rattle of squeak. Around town, there is still some rattle over potholes, but normal roads and man-hole covers again cause no rattles or squeaks !! :D

Steven

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear that they have now got this problem sorted to the best of their ability.

I have to wait untill I get the rear clam resprayed before they do mine...

So whats the new stage 1 like? Give us the full run down..

So whats the new stage 1 like? Give us the full run down..

Coming back on the M42 last nightin stop/start traffic, you certainly hear a deeper note at lower revs. Not too intrusive, just enough to know that there is something different there.

Between 4-6k it sounds very similar to the standard exhaust.

Above 6k, when the second cam comes in, it is very nice !!! Again, a deeper, louder tune than the standard exhaust. I saw someone on SELOC describe the standard exhaust note like a sewing machine - the stage 1 takes this element away.

There seems to have been a mixed reaction to the Stage 1 exhaust with people going for either a stage 2 or a Quicksilver/Janspeed, but I'm very happy with it.

I'm driving across to the Netherlands in 3 weeks time, and doing the track day at Zandvoort, so we'll see if it grows tiresome on a long trip !

Archived