litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Am I The Only One

Dave S

Storm rang me to test drive the 111R :P

Arrived at Storm, there on the forecourt, nice shiny blue 111R. Got in the drivers seat and drove round the ring road, temp came up and away we can go.....

Suspension soft, Steering soft, Gear linkage (long arms needed) Quiet, comfortable :D as for the good points when you can get it up on the cams it goes but otherwise I thought that the old K series was much better.

So the result is I am keeping the old 111 sports tourer.

:D Dave

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Suspension soft, Steering soft, Gear linkage (long arms needed) Quiet, comfortable as for the good points when you can get it up on the cams it goes"

Dave,

If this is the case then I'd suggest there is something seriously wrong with thier car.I can understand the comment regarding the cams but I can assure you that there is a technique to driving the Toyota cars(ask any of the S2 Exige owners on here).It takes a couple of weeks to perfect especially if your coming from a K series car but you can keep it on the cams and travel very quickly no problem at all.

The 111r is like all things I guess,its not for everyone.I've had a few Elises and to me this is the best yet,I'd agree that there are better track based Elises but for everday use I think Lotus are onto a winner,If what you say is correct then I would try a different car,because they must have a duffer as thier demo car.

Regards

Jon

This is exactly why I bought a 111s. I hate peaky cars - the civic type r I once had drove me mad. Some people love it - so each to their own.

111s with some breathing mods, nitrons and yoko's/oz's for more or less the same money as a 111r with touring pack. Thats what I've done (or am half way through doing)

To be fair - as a standard car the 111r rides better on the road

Matt

Your quite right Jonathon driving the 111R and Exige does require it's own style but when you have mastered the art you will never look back again, also they are drivable down the lower end of the rev band when you fancy a steady drive ;) which dosn't happen to often as the toyota cars are very addictive.

Archived