litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cheapest Place For Driving Lamps?

Ladders

Anyone know who does these cheapest?

I know you can get the Eliseparts upgraded ones for about £50 each, are they much better than standard?

Cheers Dave

PS, anyone know where to get a cheap 111s grill? Aparently about £166 from Lotus :D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch on the grill front!

I guess it depends on if mine are in need of replacement with new clam etc... if so, yes i know where to get some from :D

As for the grill, the black anodised one from Eliseparts looks good.... or it will on my car :D

Have you hit something?

S1 and S2 ones are different Steve... the S2 ones are effectively a bulb, the S1 units are an actualy lamp and separate bulb, hence cost a lot more and its a clam off job - i've heard rumours of being able to do it with the clam on, but its a tight fit!

Dave

lotusecosse sell the driving lights at £36 or the upgraded ones at £57, I think these are cheaper than eliseparts.

Agree about the grill, thats steep. And as for the one eliseparts sell I'm saying nothing. Can you not just get your old one powder coated? You could choose any colour you like then! For a lot cheaper aswell i would of thought ;)

thats ridiculous for the grille ? the plastic cookie cutter ?

just got one of seloc for £30.

Driving lights i dunno - best to just use the plastic protectors..doh too late ;)

Daz, yes Eccosse have stopped trading! The grille I'm after is the plastic 111s one though!

Think I'll wait till Donny and see if I can pick some bits up there

Thanks for the useful help Jono! :)

Got the Cookie cutter one for my previous car (now Greyknight's) - think Eliseparts had commissioned a run of them and it was only about £30. Had it painted same time as the rest of the front and thought it looked quite good colour coded. You may or may not agree.

Would like to do the same again but will wait for another bulk buy - there's a thought, if you see Geary at Donington, ask him to do some more.

Eliseparts driving lights are allegedly the same as Lotus OEM - they managed to source from the manufacturer, hence the cost differential.

post-5-1110795753.jpg

Archived