litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Urgent Service Question!

SpoonZ

Is it a standard Elise because I didn't think they were fitted with the lumber supports? The car sounds like its a good price anyway, but if its a 111S or one of the other higher spec variants then even better!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
going to have to be very very respectful coming from a Impreza WRX. impreza very forgiving i would imagine in comparison, and i dont want to end up in a hedge/tree/boot of a hearse etc

Yep take it easy for the first few month Spoonz, your not driving a Gran Turismo 3 car now! ;)

Once you've stepped the back end of the car out a few times and found the limits of grip you should be okay. Watch out for lift off oversteer in high speed corners as well, as long as you dont back off you'll be ok.

I general they are easy cars to drive, and very enjoyable! :drive:

just uncovered something interesting.

bearing in mind the car is Aug 99 registered, heres the service history.

29.10.99 1012 After Sales

04.07.02 7706 A

02.06.03 16169 A

24.06.04 21557 A (this is labelled as B in the book but Chris Foulds has crossed it out and written A) im sure he had his reasons the man knows his apples.

Any thoughts? Ive mailed the seller to ask why 99-02 no service? obviously before he owned it so may not know.

Only thing I can thnk is only covered 6000 in the 20 months after the AS service so they didnt bother! :drive:

Is it a standard Elise because I didn't think they were fitted with the lumber supports? The car sounds like its a good price anyway, but if its a 111S or one of the other higher spec variants then even better!

Std leather seats had an inflatable lumbar support on the drivers seat and a bit of padding on the pax one...

Archived