SpoonZ

im looking at a June 1999 car so by my reckoning

2000 service A

2001 service A

2002 service B

2003 service A

2004 service A...

2005 service C :lol:

need to use this in bargaining! what am i loking at price wise for C service?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Spoonz,

Yeh a "C" service is definitely now needed, especially if it's not had a cam belt yet.

Don't delay 'cos it'll be expensive if that goes. BTW, I'm sure you are aware the the cam belt will need changing even on a low miles car - it's the years, not the miles that perishes the rubber.

My car is with Horizon at the moment - £455 for a VVC engined car. I think they charge around £405 for non VVC engines.

Those prices are based on the standard service and does not include any extras that you might need around "C" time (tyres, pads, disks, shocks etc etc ££££££!).

Hope it helps

Duncs

Actually, just range them - they have a rover 100 loan car! ok not exactly salubrious but its better than a train.. and they don't charge for it..

Another plus is they can fit Toyos whilst the service is being done...

hmmm...

hi peeps just got back

My report

Interior

usual leather crinkles

all instruments/buttions work

lumber support inflates/deflates ;)

clutch light and smooth

brake pedal "short" and "stiff" but sharp

one thing, when i pressed the brake pedal when sat with hand brake on ticking over the stack display dimmed slightly ????!

Bodywork

took some photos of shockers etc underneath of car which i might post later. but doubt anyones interested.

shook everything hard, no play in anything seems very solid.

undertray is decent and all clips are their.

tested steering rack, no play or noises from that. boots look fine on it aswell.

roof goes on and off fine

no light cracks

mirrors all adjust and seem pretty stiff

all tyres even wear

no pulling to either side tracking spot on and unbder braking aswell

Engine

idles smooth, ran at about 1100 rpm until up to temp. then went for a run and average around either 67 or 80-81. (i cant remeber) which ever one is right ;)

no sign of mayo in oil, looks like its just out of can. recently had boot release replaced and new brakes. all discs have no lips and loads of meat on pads.

janspeed exhaust mounted fine, little movement and no vibration

engine bay is very clean

some rattles on test drive but hard to distinguish what over sound of engine. probably normal on roughish tarmac. just general clatter from the back over bumps.

i agreed a price of 11.2k, due for a service in june B or C.

o its a Aug 1999 T with 24k on the clock. titanium with blue leather and roof.

SWEET! :(

Rob,

My car is at Horizon as we speak.

Couple of points.

Their stock on Toyos is not great at the mo' (no 195's IIRC). I ordered mine from Camskill and they were able to deliver to Horizon, plus they do a discount if you buy a full set.

They told me I'd need to insure their metro, so I just got a lift with my better half.

Wendy does a mean cuppa and bacon sarnie! Don't get that at the main dealers!

Very friendy people and gave me a good feeling that I was dealing with real experts and enthusiasts.

Picking the car up this weekend - I'll give you an update then.

Duncs

Sounds like a good deal! You've probably got £1,000 to spend on suspension & service and the price reflects that.

Enjoy!

yeah, after a little more thinking im going to try him at 11k.

on the back of suspension in next year and a £600 in june!

if i can get it for that ill be very happy :-)

Suspension looks fairly good. No leaks on those 2. They might last andother year or 2. Although the S2 stuff is better. I only changed mine when they TOTALLY gave up! ie oil pi$$ing out of them. If you do decide to change them you could always sell the old ones on Ebay. Probably get £100 for the set.

The car sounds like a minter. Probably worth getting it HPI'd obviously. But a bargin i'd say, I paid £11k for mine a year ago, 98 R with 46k.

I wouldn't not take the car if he doesn't come down the other £200!!

So when are you picking it up??

:D

written him a cheque and going back when it clears. fingers crossed next weekend

going to have to be very very respectful coming from a Impreza WRX. impreza very forgiving i would imagine in comparison, and i dont want to end up in a hedge/tree/boot of a hearse etc

getting it hpi'd on the web now.

most of the serice history is laminated in a binder including original invoice from dealer. :D good sign me thinks

Archived