litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 New Battery

Steve G

Evening all,

Went to Elsie this evening as it hadn't been started for a week due to the bad weather... dead :drive: Just the clicking of the fuel pump.

What's the latest..... where's recommended to get a new one for the best price?

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy from Horizon is getting me one in. Said it would have arrived in an hour, so should be there by now. I'll collect it on the way home tonight as I have to pass the garage on the way home. £45, so better than Halfords.

Steve-n, you seriously would have let Halfords fit it for you? I used to work part time there to put myself through uni and have seen the type of muppets they employ. That's why I didn't give them a second thought when looking for the battery replacement. Wouldn't consider buying anything of value from there either having seen how the stock gets chucked around (especially audio).

Scott, don't have home start on the AA :drive:

Steve.

Glad you're sorted, happy knuckle skin removing when fitting it :D

i actually found it easy to fit the battery without a single sratch. if i had seen the post earlier i world in the plant machinery work and have contacts in the battery world and could of got u one for £25 with 3 yrs warrenty.

Archived