litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Things To Do When Taking A Sicky..

bermudabob

OK, So I've been off work since monday with the lurgy (my left ear is still bunged up) and today I started to feel a bit more human...

So, not wanting to lounge about all day, and actually get outside a bit - I decided to remove the hardtop and put the softtop in place. A bit early maybe, but it was actually a bit sunny this afternoon.

Once done of course, the urge hit me... went for a blat out towards Donington with the top down.

'Refreshing' is one way to describe it! I can heartily recommend doing this to clear any congestion in the old sinuses.

Only drawback is that I'm probably ok to go into work tomorrow...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky you I say... I've had the flu since Sunday and haven't taken any time off - driven 560 miles in the last two days in fact (installing equipment at customer sites) while feeling like crap. Lemsip Max really works though - takes the edge off it! Starting to feel a bit better now.

I just feel so guilty taking time off even when I'm really unwell :D I think it comes from being fairly senior in the company - if you're off it doesn't look good as you're meant to be setting an example :D

Good for you mate!!! Take the rest of the week off and give that motor a bit of stick. :D

Some things in life are more important than work/mortgages/bills/school fees/credit card payments/loan payments.

God I feel depressed now, oh well work tomorrow then :D

Archived