litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

111s Undertray S2

JEST0R

Is it possible to replace a stardad s2 undertray with the 111s undertray.

also thinkng about replacing standard wheels and tyres on s2 with oz wheels and yoko tyres, will this effect the handerling? As I know the org bridgestones were produced for elise only. would I need to purchase uprated shocks?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you can make the 111S undertray fit the standard car, but i think you need to replace the rear panels as well.

I've fitted the OZ & yokos to my car, also Nitron suspension. There was some debate if this was needed. The standard set up may not be able to cope with the amount of extra grip generated by the yokos. Some have updated some havn't. I choose to fit Nitrons because I do track days, and would recomend them to anyone doing the same. Also consider upgrading the rear toe links. Apparantly they have been know to snap with the extra forces involved in sticky tyres.

All depends on how much you have to spend and how you use the car. Nitrons are exerelent on track and road as they are easily adjustable. Yokos offer staggering amount of grip in the dry, and when hot its like driving on double sided tape... Not so good in the wet, but better then you may think given the nealry slick profile.

Does it affect the handling? Totally transform it with the correct geo settings. Overall grip levels are way beyond the standard car. Turn in is far sharper, understear elemininated.. Braking greatly improves (would recomend canging to RS14 pads) as does tracting.

Slippery slope though, when you start upgrading you'll find so much more that you know you NEED.

Simon

Archived