litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Wear Indicators

Daniel

Turns out my car is (over)due for it's MOT. Since I have a 1st Lotus Day in March I was hoping not to have to put new rear tyres on before then.

The tyres are basically down to the wear indicator (May have 1/2 or 1mm to go). What I wanted to know is whether or not the wear indicator is the law for minimun tread and will it fail a MOT on this?

I'll probably take it to Horizon for a service and a MOT in the next couple of weeks depending how busy they are. I believe they have a MOT centre nearby them.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minimum is 1.7mm acorss 70% of the tyre... so check the depth and you should be ok.

I think the wear indicators are set to about 2mm to give a little leeway.

Seen as most places give a free re-test, or cheap one... i'd stick it through and see what happens. Alternatively get Mike to check, if its close he may suggest the same, but he'll have more of an idea.

Modman i have 2 P0s rears in my garage looking for a new home, they don't have loads left on them but i recon they will be good for another 3-4k miles, i now have T1-rs on my car so they are no good to me.

I was given them, so if they are any good to you you can have them free if you collect.

HTH

Ian

Archived