litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

N/s Wheel Half Inch Further Back Than O/s

MarkH

I'm dreadinging the responses to this - but ...... I've noticed that my nearside wheel is slightly further back than my offside (half inch max). Found out whilst washing the inside of the wheel arches.

I've had the car (S1 Elise) since Feb and it drives really well no pulling to one side - no uneven wear pattern on the tyres - so all seems OK. The only thing that I can recall is hitting an un marked sleeping policeman one evening at about 30 mph which caused a bit of a jolt.

Am I being paranoid - or what could the problem be & what's a low cost way (ie probably not a main dealer) to get it checked & sorted?

Cheers

Worried from Derbyshire - aka Mark :(

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half an inch though?

I would get it checked out by getting the geo done. Its worth doing anyway and it means they will check the angle of all the wheels and fix it, which will make it handle better anyway.

If you can get to Horizon Motorsport in brum at some point, they do it for an all in price of about £80+vat which is a REALLY good price. Well worth it for peace of mind at least.

HTH

Steve

I feel a whole lot better having measures the distance between the centres of the front & rear wheels - the measurements are the same!!!! Thanks for the tip, Mark.

Off to Horizon next, then.

Cheers

Mark

Archived