litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Eliseparts Headlamp Covers?

Ladders

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like some on mine, think they look great, but ive been put off by negative comments about fitting them properly and getting them to seal, dirt getting behind them and condensation misting them up, so even though they look great im not bothering now

:)

I've got the eliseparts ones that are held on by 3 pins rather than tape. The first set I got fitted really well but I cracked one and the replacement is a shade too large. Its not too noticeable but if it'd worry you probably best to get from somewhere else.

Ladders, I got mine from lotusecosse.com for £35. They do both the S1 & 111s versions. Mine are the S1 model and fitted perfectly! As for quality, I have no complaints. I would guess the Eliseparts ones are prob the same thing, except I have noticed Eliseparts do tend to charge more for some of the "basics".

Alan, mine were put on with double sided heavy duty velcro from B&Q and took about 10 minutes(mainly cutting the velcro to shape). Easiest thing ever! (Considering you have done the exhaust yourself, it would be a piece of p!ss)

I was afraid they would fly off, but did a few thousand miles no probs. As for misting, yep they do sometimes but its not a huge issue. Dirt - yep a little because its not fully sealed, but they are so easy to remove and refit with velcro (none of that dodgy making holes in clam stuff)

Since my new clam from Sinclaire, they fitted the removable ones that allen key open. Same thing tho..hth

Ive got the allen key type ones too - they are great. I'm thinking of getting some thin draught excluder to try and create a seal and prevent dirt from getting in.

Either way - only takes a couple of minutes to get them off.

steve :)

they only shattered when I drilled them with a normal drill bit. Got one of the techs at uni to do the second one and he used a drill bit with a really drawn out thread which cut through no problem.

Was very nervy drilling the clam but now its done they are easy to remove and clean and dont mist up. But as I said - quality control not the best from eliseparts

Archived