litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Scoop: Mark A In Dirty Pictures Scandal!

GCCK

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the picture of your car on SELOC Graeme :wacko:. Did you get some fast laps in when it dried out?

I thought the track was great once it was dry. Got a wee bit slippery towards the end though.

V impressed with the extra power in your car and Scotts manifold.

Scott, did you get that hairpin sorted in the end?

Yes thanks, Mike. Fun time was had. In fact, Sinclaires were so efficient that whilst I missed the rest of the Inter session that I caused to be stopped :) , I was ready to join the next Inter session along with the rest.

Don't know about you, but I love the unpredictability of conditions like that. You can feel the track going away from you then coming back as it gets wetter/ drier, but from one lap to the next, it's all very subtle. As long as you keep it smooth, you should avoid surprises :wacko: It's certainly possible to set up some great drifts when the surface is damp - I loved that right hander at the end of the back straight and the way you could wag the tail across to the kerbs on the left for the next one. Quite safe as it's wide & uphill before the hairpin.

Found the best bet for the hairpin was to left foot brake - stopped the front washing wide as you tried to hit the apex

Left foot breaking into the hairpin!! Eeeeeek, that would have had me in the tires for sure!!!

The corner after the hairpin onto the main straight was good for me! Eventually being able to take it flat by the end of the day, V satisfying!! That and drifting out of the hairpin! Always good for a grin!! :wacko:

It was interesting to see how you and Scott took the hairpin, both different from me but I guess we all exited at about the same speed. I'm not confident enough with my left foot to contemplate braking with it on track :wacko:

Dixie, I've always loved that first bend after the hairpin. Flat out when it dried out a bit feels fantastic. I think that may have been where Dave got his wheels on the grass and ended up meeting the armco further down the straight.

It was great to have varied conditions, every session was different. Flying round gerrards in the dry was the highlight for me.

Archived