litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Now Or March 05?

PPPMAT

Guys

I have my 111s on order for delivery March 05. No real reason other than better weather etc.

However - I look through the brochure every day and its getting a bit worn out and it got me thinking - soddit - get it now !!!

Is this a waste of time though?? It will be a second car and so only used at weekends or 'reasonable' weather days.

I've never owned a car like this before and could do with an opinion on whether I should just wait or go for it now!!!

Matt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it you're getting a new one?

Get a 2nd hand 135r now and the money you save on depreciation will make it well worthwhile. There will be some dry, bright days between now and March to get used to the car.

I'd wait until March, the amount of use you'll get over the next 5 months will cost you a lot in depreciation.

If you fancy some fun motoring over winter, buy a used Clio Cup and sell in March. You'll get a lot more use out of it for less of a loss. IMHO of course.

Mart

I think March too.

Youre much less likely to wrap it round a lamp-post in March.

No intention to dis your driving skills - its just that when you get in it, you'll want to push it a bit. Pushing an elise in the wet is something that should be done when youre used to the car.

I speak from experience! :(

Thanks for the replies..

I'll think about it. Half of me thinks - have it now and run it through winter (its a long term purchase and there will be plenty more winters with the car)

the sensible half says - wait for it......get the new plate etc etc better weather blah...won't stove it etc etc.

To be honest I'm not worried about stoving it - I've learnt my lesson having taken extreme liberties in the M3 last winter :D:(

I'm more careful now :clap:

Fiona - my head says you're right - but my heart is set on a red S2 111s :wub:

As said above... i personally am not that impressed with the 111S, my choice of S2 would be the 135R, only available used, but a much more fun car for weekend use.

IMHO the 111S is the "everyday" car, comfy, practical (ish) torquey engine etc.... 135R is a proper car, next best thing to an S1 :(

OKay, its been raining and one drives around kangarooing in the stop start commute and carefully negotiating roundabouts, an undercurrent of fear at every sharp corner, putting power down results in scary wheel spins....

but then....

Its Christmas day, roof in the boot, zipping off and away from the family fug at home, coast road, speed irrelevant.

Woo HOO

You own an ELISE!!!!

:angry:

just my tuppence

(probally better to wait till March, then again......)

Archived