litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Everyday Car?

Dvs111

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to use mine everyday, 25 mile round trip, mostly countryside, lots of slippy bends in the damp mornings.

S1 with MMC brakes, they are poor in the wet, so tend to leave a bigger gap between vehicles than normal.

Lights are very poor at night, and you are easily dazzled in unlit areas.

Hardtop fitted so it doesn't leak much, heater warms the cockpit quite well.

Very prone to misting up inside and the rake of the windscreen and "designer" screen vents take a bit of getting used to.

Guess the S2's are much the same.

Good luck have fun and watch it a bit while the old weathers not up to much.

;)

No probs, probably done 75k miles in the Elise/Exige in all weathers including snow.

As long as you can put up wth the things listed above you will be ok, just dont expect it not to leak/be difficult to drive in the snow/misted windscreen.. etc.. etc ;)

Agree with everything Tango says - I have an S2 Exige and the lights are crap and first thing in the morning in the cold, the windscreen mists up something terrible ! (But I do find that Rain X helps)

Otherwise, my regular gripe of getting wet when opening the door in the rain still stands, but I use the car as my everyday mount. Had it 3 months and clocked up 4.5k

Despite this - I wouldn't have anything else. It is comfortable, fuel efficient (obviously don't drive it hard enough), and still get school kids taking my picture with their mobile phones !!!

if its got a loud exhaust/crp setup then motorway commuting would kill me. just done a london and back trip and im not in the best of moods.

use mine on ONLY country roads and find my 50 mile commute invigorating to say the least :)

Mines an everyday car too - done almost 40k in the last 18 months even with a sports exhaust crp.

Wouldnt want anything else (apart from the 94 mini cooper i bought as a "practical" car!)

Enjoy!!! :)

Steve

Archived