litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Another Newbie Question

Greg.g

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have owned both scooby and porsche 911 (993) and although both of these vehicles are fantastic machines nothing has put a smile on my face as big as the exige I now have. The elise/exige is a pure drivers car, it offers a driving experience second to none with a driving position that has already been described spot on earlier in this thread as "on a mission" Go and buy the best one you can afford and I promise you will never regret it!! :(

Car-jacking incident??? sounds nasty.

There's definitely less chance in the elise.... I find that a lot of people need SHOWING how to open the doors.... and shut them again!!!

Muppets. :pumpkin:

Thats some responce:)

Right, where do i start.

I have been checking out this forum for a little while now as i could not shift the elise idea from my head!

Having been active in the subaru club scene, i realise what a useful resource these forums are.

Its not top end speed that really interests me. Its having some fun on the twisties that i enjoy:) The elise would seem to be the perfect choice for this. If the right car came up for sale from one of you enthusiasts, then thats fine by me. Its the unknown history auto trader type that i would avoid. I had considered buying from a dealer as i do not know what to look for in a good elise other than the common sence things.

As far as mods go, tell me about it ;) When i bought my scooby it was standard and i was alot richer :crybaby:

As for the car jacking incident, i was dragged down the road by my own car this may, thrown off at 30-40mph and ended up with a metal plate holding my arm together ;)

They caught the scumbag though and he got 5 years.

After this i did not want to use the scooby as daily transport so i bought a KA as a runabout.

I will try and get to the Nick Whale open day on saturday.

Are many of you going to this. It would be nice to have a chat.

Thanks again

Greg

God! What a nightmare Greg!

To be honest I've never like scooby's but can understand the attraction. The thing about Elise's is that I think you have to be a real petrolhead to own one. If your bothered about it being a bit awkward to get in and out of, or getting a bit wet when it rains, then your the kind of person who would prefer a Boxter or TT with all the creature comforts.

Like everyone has mentioned, get out on one of the meets and have a look round and a chat. Also see if you can get a passenger ride (not with any of the lunatics who come out with us though - you know who you are ;) )

Good luck hunting, perhaps its worth looking on SELOC and the BC-BBS to see if any are for sale as well. I know I was really worried about parting with a load of cash for a car from a private sale instead of a dealer, but if your really interested i'm sure one of us could be persueded to come and have a look with you.

Dave

Ps Simon Prickett moved from Scooby's to an Elise, so you might want a chat with him!

PS ignore all this S1 v S2 discussion and have a go in both.

Although if youi happen to work at Toni & Guys i'd go for the S2! ;)

Archived