litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hi From Dean (n1cho)

DeanNicholas

Hi guys, just thought i'd pop in the forum and say hi. Some of you older BBS boys may remember me as the nut in the yellow one! (S1)

Are the old boys still arround?

Beefcake

Simon V Green Elan (with Green Hood last time i saw it)

GCCK - Green S1

Simon G - Gunmetal S2

Wuddie

Steve R

Peter (Black Swan)

Spike

Rob B (and Partner)

Hope you guys are all well, be good to hear how you and your cars are getting on.

Dean

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys, just thought i'd pop in the forum and say hi.  Some of you older BBS boys may remember me as the nut in the yellow one! (S1)

Are the old boys still arround?

Beefcake

Simon V Green Elan (with Green Hood last time i saw it)

GCCK - Green S1

Simon G - Gunmetal S2

Wuddie

Steve R

Peter (Black Swan)

Spike

Rob B (and Partner)

Hope you guys are all well, be good to hear how you and your cars are getting on.

Dean

Hi Dean

So what happened about your Big Dangerous Driving accident/Court case???

the Old Guard are still around, some changes tho.

Beefcake now has a Orange Exige

Simon V still got his Elan but with Yellow viper stripes (not on here very often)

GCCK had a Ruby S1 like mine, crashed it and now has a Silver 135 s1

Steve R (haven't seen him around much)

Peter think he ran away to do Chips Away (sometime frequents the forum)

Spike, Designed the MLOC logo, still around

Rob B..dont here from him much

Simon G - sold everything and buggered off around the world..or nearly has!! :drive:

Glad to see your back around.

Wuddie

Wow...

Cheres for the update matey. Things do change.

No supprise about GCCK, i remember following him on a run (the leicester one)!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Simon G - Sold it all - NO WAY.... hard to believe, he was well into it!

Nice work on the logo spike.

Well in terms of my accident..... i had to go down to the station and have an interview, 3 tapes, etc, the works. The long and the short of it is there was conflicting evidence.

You would not belive my insurance at the moment on driving a F reg rover 214 when my Liz sits on my Dads drive :drive:

Was chuffed when i loged on here and saw the runs were still happening, think of when we started the 1st one we set up at the Robin Hood!!!! :D

Dean

hello dean... good to hear from you again! - i did ask beefy if he had heard from you not so long ago.

i still have the cd you gave me from one of the first runs we did from the robin hood... can you remember the tunes on it? want me to share it with the good people? [they are all classics :tup: lol]

spike ;)

Spike - do you really!!!!!

No Joke - i've worn mine out, scrathces and stuff so could do with a copy back! :tup:

Yep tunes were....

TOP GUN Theme tune....

Danger Zone....

The Proclaimers....

Loads of other clasics, even if you guys didn't think so ;):D

Real driving tunes.

Thanks for asking after me matey, been tought (really tough) not to get back in the LIZ. All those sunny days, the elise should have been on the road with the roof down, doing Mach 9 with Danger Zone blaring out of the CD player and the Jan Speed and CRP singing out of the back......

Ahhhhh.....

Dean

Hello Dean

Glad to hear you're alive & well - and still an Elise owner, even if you have to stare at it from afar!

FYI I didn't crash my Ruby S1, I got rammed from behind (ooerr!) while at traffic lights. It's nearly back together - not especially complicated rebuild, just a shortage of parts from Lotus. Meantime I've bought another. My driving these days is quietly contemplative, observing the speed limits even when there are none... :tup:

Be nice if you could join us sometime. How about the karting that's being lined up for the end of November?

Graeme

P.S. For those that don't know, Dean was one of the 2-3 founder members of Run LMC which launched the current generation of Midlands runs back in January 2003. In those days, we relied heavily on the BritCars BBS and a Yahoo Group to spread the word. MLOC was born in mid '03 once Beefy had sussed how to build & manage a Forum and the Yahoo group quickly became obsolete. Have a look at the website stats to see how far we've come!

Deano

Hello mate how's things?

Just nipped in for one of my "not as frequent as it should be" visits.

Yep still got the Elan although Wuddie's description is slightly wide of the mark...it's still single striped (and painted, not vinyl) but flared a la God's Lotus 49.

Drop me a line if you're in and around Bromsgrove sometime.

Rob B's still around, but, like me, he's just started a new job so he's up to his ears in learning curves at the moment. I have his mobile number if you want it...

Sy

Archived