litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New On Site

braggy

Just thought I'd log in and join the 'chat'... as I've only just been introduced th the site.

Anyway, I'm relatively new to the Lotus world, although I am on my second Elise. Just upgraded my S2 Sports Tourer for a new S2 111S.

I now have the urge to add a few mods. Any worthwhile recommendations?

And is it me, or have the seats shrunk? I'm sure they were bigger in my 2001 S2!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to MLOC :drive:

You could try:

Sports exhaust

Decat pipe

Some type of induction (K&N, Hurricane, ITG etc)

Braded brake hoses

Gear linkage kit

Nitrons

etc

etc

Have a look at Eliseparts to see what is available, then look at your bank balance and make a long Xmas list ;)

Come along to the next run and see what everyone else has done.

Cheers

Yes, come along to the Run on 31st Oct. Into the wilds of Lincs, but a group is meeting first at Fosse Park car park outside McDonalds to run up to Colsterworth on A1.

See the thread in the "Events" section

Graeme

The sports exhaust is fitted and the hurricane soon on order (hope the the fitting instructions are aimed at non mechanically minded individuals!!).

Apparently a decat pipe and nitrons could invalidate my warranty!!

May well join you for the run to see what its all about, so long as theres a slow enough group (not quite a speed merchant yet!)

The K&N filter is a lot cheaper than the hurricane.... which would all you 'old hands' recommend???

Hurricane every time. Talk to Kris on here about fitting one to a 111s - apparently there are more bits to consider than with the std engine.

In fact, talk to Kris about a slow group on the run, too! There's 15 put their names down with 2 weeks to go, so we'll have at least 2 groups, possibly 3, graduated acccording to speed.

Graeme

Yep hurricane it is... the ITG is supposed to be good but twice the price :(

Fitting is a bit tricky it's best to remove the nearside rear wheel and liner to fit the intake duct. Saves cut knuckles and a possible broken flange on the Hurricane B)

The guys at Horizon did mine and that's how they did it :)

You will need a skip to put all the air boxes and pipes you take out! :lol:

Dave B)

Archived