litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where Is The Best Pace To Place The Number Plate?

SOUPS

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually i do have a small one ready to put on but i have been lazy and i really like it without. It is inevitable with the miles i do, that i'll get stoppped by the plod sooner or later.

Kinda been having the same thought s myself. If i get the chance, i'll stick it on with blutack and take some piccies of the different locations.

Steve :P

Sinclaires said that it wouldnt make too much difference. It will affect the running temperature but only by a degree or two. Would this be detrimental to performance / longevity of the engine?

Steve

Yes it was me, but I do have a slightly non standard front grill following a small incident earlier in the year so this may not look so good if you have the Lotus job:

Used the old plate to get number/letter sizes, sprayed grill black, stuck cup outs on with prit stick and sprayed grill white then removed cut outs ... easy as that. Inspiration was seeing a nice GT40 at a filling station the day before the last Midlands run which had dull aluminium letters/numbers mounted on its front grill.

Thought about a "small" plate, but my opinion was that if I did upset the law, and we all get close at times, old plate in boot better than something that could be construed as creating an illegal plate with the intention of law breaking.

post-2-1097701395.jpg

Grill is a sheet of steel with a close patern of holes about 5mm diam I think, it is dark outside and I can not drag myself out to check. Rad temp still holds steady so no problem there but I do not think it will work quite the same with the standard expanded mesh grill. I stole the idea from a GT40 I saw a while back. With the standard grill it must be possible to mount plastic or metal letters/numbers on the grill as the Ford.

Peter

Archived