litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sunshine + Dry Weather

Steve G

Typical, first day in what seems like two months that it's dry, the suns shining, and I'm not at work..... and the cars in for a service at Horizon! :(

Oh well, never mind. Should return better than ever and with a few niggles sorted out too hopefully.

...And theres always tomorrow! :D

There was a Titanium S1 on the ramps when I dropped mine off this morning, does that belong to anyone on here? (Didn't spot the reg).

Steve.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had braided hoses done at Horizon in car #1 back in May - made a big difference. Obviously the system gets new fluid and is properly bled.

Had fluid flushed out and replaced with fresh Dot5.1 & a good bleed by Lou at Tollgate the other week in car #2. Made a tremendous difference also - and this one has yet to get the braided hoses. I wonder how much of the improvement we attribute to the hoses is just down to some decent hydraulic fluid and a good bleed?

Graeme

Most folk say that you only need std Dot 4 on the Elise (well the techy folk on SELOC say)

I am sure the fluid change alone makes a difference - if you don't have the hoses, it is worth doing when you get the fluid changed though as it hardly a lots to the price! Made a massive difference doing both, will have to wait until i need another fluid change before i can see the diff the new fluid makes, probably a lot though.

Yep, definately impressed with both the service and the cost. Mike spotted a couple of other things that need doing soon, so will be visiting them again in the near future.

...And lets just say that Mike also found other certain discrepencies and items that need replacing (items that I would have thought would be OK having had work done on the car fairly recently at a main dealer) means that they will be having all my business in the future too...

Sinatra, think Wendy said it was being delivered back today???

Steve.

Sinatra, think Wendy said it was being delivered back today???

Yes, they delivered it back yesterday just in time for me to miss my helicopter pickup in Reading :drive: Thats not their fault though, they did bring it all the way down to Bristol on a Sunday morning at their own expense so I can't really fault them.

Archived